ARTIFACT East, in Providence, RI, aims to help prepare designers for the new multi-device reality of our world. Jason has been asked to speak about Web Typography and how to use embedded web fonts effectively. From the conference site:
- Font services vs. self-hosting (smackdown-style)
- Where they work (and where they don’t)
- Performance (and how to get more of it)
- Icon fonts (even MORE resolution independence)
- Mobile use (benefits and bear traps)
- Fallbacks, FOUT & Freakouts (don’t present to clients without this)
- Super Fancy (ff)eatures (ligatures & other Open Type goodness)
Don’t get me wrong - I _love_ web fonts and good typography - but it is still a bit ‘Wild West’ out there, so it pays to be prepared.
Tickets are going fast and the lineup of speakers is fantastic. Hope you can grab a ticket and join us there!