Platform Development: Bay View Academy Online Ticketing Site
St. Mary Academy - Bay View in Riverside, RI is an independent Catholic School, serving girls and young women Pre-kindergarten through Grade 12. Bay View is well known for its annual school-wide cabaret production, Manhattan at the Bay, showcasing the numerous talents of their students to their widespread community. As the school’s largest fundraising effort, the production welcomes more than 3,500 attendees to its performances and is coordinated with its Alumni Reunion Weekend.
Bay View partnered with h+w to build an online ticketing website that would meet the needs of its community; namely, the ability to purchase performance tickets online for one or more of the 5 performances, as well as purchase other weekend event tickets. It was also essential that production ‘sponsors’ were provided with an early access period that would allow them to login and secure their seats before general ticket sales opened. Built in Drupal 7, the responsive site makes great use of Drupal Commerce and features the following:
- Multi-seat selection with in-cart time-limited ‘hold’ on selected tickets
- Secure onsite transactions using PayPal merchant services
- Both seat and transaction reporting
- User account history, accessed upon login
- Customized email receipts with ticket purchase information
- In-house ability to create new ticket inventory (as well as delete)
- Incorporated design from school website www.bayviewacademy.org
The new system successfully processed more than $65,000 in ticket sales and Bay View exceeded their expected fundraising goal for the 2013 performances. We call that a hit!